Looking for a Connecticut Mortgage?
Connecticut is one of the country’s smallest states, but the lifestyle options in the Nutmeg State are surprisingly diverse. Whether you dream of a owning a farmhouse in the bucolic Scotland countryside, or long for the bustle of a vibrant city like Hartford, eLend offers a wide range of residential home loan options to get you into your ideal Connecticut home quickly and with low stress.
I want to...
Choose this if you want to apply for a mortgage.
Choose this to get your mortgage rate.
This only takes a couple minutes! You can even scan a picture of another estimate and we'll generate a comparison.
Eligible Home Types
We offer home purchase and mortgage refinancing assistance for most types of 1-2 unit properties including stick-built homes, condominiums, townhomes, and modular and manufactured homes. Properties can be used as primary residences, second homes, or rental properties.
Keep in mind that not all properties will qualify for every type of home loan. Call us today to discuss your homeownership needs.
Popular CT Mortgages
Here are just a few of our popular home loans:
Low Money Down FHA Loans in CT
The Constitution State offers a myriad of housing options, whether your dream is to live in the quaint harbor town of Mystic or enjoy the non-stop excitement of urban Bridgeport, eLEND can assist you with one of the easiest ways to borrow – through an FHA loan.
FHA Loan Benefits
In many cases, a Connecticut FHA loan through eLEND can offer fresh opportunities for individuals who thought home ownership was out of reach because of past financial challenges. Connect with eLEND today. Give us a call or complete our online form for a complimentary personalized rate quote.
We also offer a number of other low and no money down mortgage solutions including Connecticut VA loans and USDA mortgages. We even have programs for single and doublewide mobile homes on owned land.
- Depending on your credit history, down payments can be as low as 3.5 percent making them one of the most popular choices for first-time home buyers.
- With a streamline FHA refinance, you may be able to take advantage of falling interest rates without the added expense of getting an appraisal or having to provide additional documentation of your income or other assets. Depending on how long you’ve had your existing FHA loan, a streamline FHA refinance loan can even help lower your mortgage insurance fees.
- Cash-out refinancing limits can also be higher than what is available through many conventional mortgage options.
- Qualification requirements vary depending on which type of FHA loan you are applying for. However, your loan approval will be based on several factors including:
- Credit score and credit history
- The amount of income you earn
- The amount of your other debts
- How much equity you will have in the property
- If the home will be used as your primary residence
- The amount you’re trying to borrow (loan amounts are restricted to the FHA loan limits which vary by county and are based on the cost of real estate in that area)
USDA Rural Housing Loans in Connecticut
Connecticut’s geographic diversity allows you to live your dream of home ownership in some of the prettiest small towns in the country. From the sleepy fishing villages along Long Island Sound, to the pastoral farmland of Litchfield County, there’s no better place to escape the rat race than rural Connecticut. If you’re looking to purchase a home outside the metropolitan area, a USDA rural housing loan could be the ideal financing choice for you.
About USDA Financing
The US Department of Agriculture launched its rural housing loan program in 1991 as a way to boost home ownership in our country’s rural communities. Also known as a rural development loan, this government insured home loan may be ideal for the first-time home buyer, or those with limited cash resources for all those extra expenses normally associated with purchasing a house. With a USDA rural housing loan, there are no down payments, and in many cases, even the closing costs can be financed.
Who Qualifies for a USDA Loan?
USDA loan approval is based on several factors, including the location of the home. Only homes that are located in “rural” areas as officially designated by the USDA can qualify for USDA home financing. Consult the USDA Rural Development website for an eligibility map to see if your Connecticut property qualifies.
Find an Affordable VA Mortgage in CT
Connecticut residents who have served our country in the military can take advantage of one of the most flexible home loan options available by considering a government-backed VA mortgage. For more than 70 years, VA home loans have helped eligible vets and their families realize their dreams of owning their own home.
VA Loan Benefits
The VA home loan program has enjoyed great popularity in Connecticut, and for good reason. It doesn’t require a down payment and can be used for a wide range of housing options, including townhomes and condominiums. Plus, private mortgage insurance is not required. Speak with an eLend representative to learn more about the benefits of this popular home loan option.
Request a quote and consultation by calling us at 1-800-634-8616, or apply online today!