South Carolina home financing from eLEND
We know there is no one-size-fits-all financing solution when it comes to buying or refinancing a home, and we work hard to make sure we have a variety of home loan programs in South Carolina.
From singlewide homes in Myrtle Beach to a stick-built home in Columbia and everywhere else in The Palmetto State, eLEND is proud to offer home loans in the state of South Carolina.
I want to...
Choose this if you want to apply for a mortgage.
Choose this to get your mortgage rate.
This only takes a couple minutes! You can even scan a picture of another estimate and we'll generate a comparison.
Own a home in South Carolina with zero money down
For South Carolinians looking to buy or refinance a home in a rural part of the state, a USDA Rural Housing loan could be a great option. Started in 1949 and backed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, this program was designed to help people realize their dreams of home ownership and stimulate housing in less developed areas.
The benefits USDA home financing include:
- Eligible borrowers can receive up to 100% financing
- Closing costs may be included in the loan amount
- Even if you don’t consider your area “rural,” it’s worth checking with an eLEND home loan specialist to see if properties in your area are eligible. Buyers are often surprised to learn that homes in fairly populated locations qualify for USDA mortgage financing.
USDA loan eligibility details
Eligibility is based on both the borrower and the property. For the borrower this includes credit history, income, assets, other debts and financial obligations as well as other criteria. In addition, something that is a little unusual in the mortgage marketplace, the borrower’s income must fall below the Maximum Adjusted Household Income for the state and county in which the property is located. This limit varies by county based on average income. For example this limit will be much higher in higher cost parts of the country and lower in more affordable areas. The limit also changes based on the number of people in the household and other factors. Talk an eLEND USDA home loan professional to learn more and see if you are likely to qualify.
Call (800) 634-8616 for more information!
Note that terms and conditions are subject to change. Contact an eLEND mortgage professional for the most up-to-date information on USDA mortgage guidelines in South Carolina.
Additional South Carolina home loan options
Here are a few additional home loan options available to eligible borrowers in South Carolina:
- Fixed Rate Mortgages – Take advantage of the security of knowing what your monthly principle and interest payment will be each month and that your interest rate cannot increase over the life of the loan. Available in 10, 15, 20, and 30-year terms.
- FHA Loans – Insured by the Federal Housing Administration, these SC home loans provide an affordable low down payment option. Put down as little as 3.5 percent on a new home purchase, or refinance even with little equity.
- Mobile Home Loans – Interested in purchasing a doublewide mobile or manufactured home or refinancing your singlewide? We offer excellent South Carolina mobile home loans throughout the State with low rates and competitive terms.
- Jumbo Loans – Whether you are financing a beach home along South Carolina’s beautiful coast, a historic home in Charleston, or a large home in the Charlotte suburbs we have great jumbo loan programs for high value homes. PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Purchasing a mobile home or manufactured home in South Carolina
From singlewide homes in Myrtle Beach to doublewides in Columbia and everywhere else in The Palmetto State, eLEND is proud to offer mobile and manufactured home financing throughout South Carolina for properties on owned land. With competitive rates and a team of home loan specialists at your service, more and more South Carolinians are discovering how easy it can be to finance a mobile home with eLEND.
Owning a mobile or manufactured home can be a more affordable alternative to purchasing a stick-built home on a permanent foundation. Mobile and manufactured homeownership provides you with all the benefits of owning your own home, but without having to pay high real estate prices. A mobile home may be a great fit for you if…
- You want to downsize or live a more minimal lifestyle
- you are ready for the responsibility of homeownership, but do not prefer the upkeep and cost of a large house
- you aren’t planning on needing a lot more space in the near future; i.e. starting family, starting a home business, etc.
In order to qualify for our mobile and manufactured home loan programs, there are eligibility requirements. Make sure you speak with one of our mortgage professionals to find out if you qualify. Call 800-634-8616 today to get started!
Please note that eLEND only offers South Carolina mobile home loans for singlewide or doublewide manufactured homes on owned land.
South Carolina mobile and manufactured home loan guidelines
To be eligible for our mobile home loan program, some of the requirements that must be met include the following:
- The home must be a minimum of 400 square feet.
- The home must have been built after June 15, 1976, and in conformance with the Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (there will be a certification label to signify this).
- The home must be on a permanent foundation and cannot be located in a trailer park.
- The loan must also cover the land that the manufactured home sits on. If it does not, and the mobile home is on land you do not own, we can still help you! Our personal property loans are *powered by MHL. Talk to one of our home loan specialists today!